Monday, December 22, 2008

God will take care of you and me: part one

here it is christmas week and the time for giving, stuffing stockings, serving bountiful meals, thinking of others!  and we have two toilets that won't flush consistently (time to call the plumber already in our new-to-us home), a $500 deductible from the car wreck i had in the ice, and i'm unemployed and in need of a job. i'm ready to watch "it's a wonderful life" to get all things financial in perspective. yesterday's sermon at church helped MUCH with tim's exhortation to praise GOD no matter what our temporal circumstances are because God isn't dead! i was wandering thru my handouts this am and found this one on God's provision with some of my favorite scriptures and a hymn and His rich Word again righted me that He hasn't forgotten about the new mortgage that's due, He hasn't forgotten any of our needs, nor my readiness to work, nor the time of year it is. He hasn't changed tho our circumstances have. and our circumstances compared to the rest of the world's? there is no comparison. i truly have no needs. only fearful, untrustful panic. praise Him that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. and His love for me - and you -  does not change, nor His faithful provision for me - and you either. amen.

GOD’S PROVISION FOR US

PSALM 37:25: I have been young and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendents begging bread!

PROVERBS 30:8-9:  Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is my portion, lest I be full and deny Thee and say, “Who is the Lord?” or lest I be in want and steal, and profane the name of my God.

ISAIAH 41:10:  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

ISAIAH 42:3-4:  A bruised reed He will not break.  And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.  He will not be disheartened or crushed until He has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law. 

ISAIAH 43:1-2:  But now, this is what the Lord says – He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel:  Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you talk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

ISAIAH 45:3:  And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden wealth of secret places, in order that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

ISAIAH 46:4:  Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. 

ISAIAH 49:15.16:  Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?  Though she may forget, I will not forget you!  See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.

ISAIAH 65:24:  Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

No comments: