Tuesday, February 24, 2009

a room with a view

from atop the 10th floor at my new office, room #6, i can see due west all the way to pinnacle mountain (i told you i was a spurled {spoiled}). it's an amazing view to say the least.  what a bonus in my new workplace!

but if i had to say what my ultimate view is, that would be a view towards heaven. if i didn't have that hope, then i'd falter many times.  as one of it's ultimate promises, my faith says that i'll spend eternity with God. there's a verse i can't quite put my fingers on (i've been looking this am) that says to encourage one another about heaven to come.

i remember trying to encourage a client with the hope of heaven several years back - that one day all her earthly sufferings would be over -  and instead of being bolstered with courage, she was afraid and appalled. oh, don't say that she said. this on earth, this is where i want to be encouraged. i don't want to think about the after life.  i know another person who is also fearful when thinking about heaven. maybe there are lots of folks like that.  

for some reason it doesn't frighten me, it's an encouragement to me. if i love my office view, what a view to come there'll be! on my "to read" list is the book lotsa folks have already read, alcorn's book on heaven. but i may never get around to reading it - i'd almost rather just know it's there and know God will take care of the rest

and rest it will be. that's what i'm looking forward to the most. rest from the suffering, the trials and tribulations, the financial woes, the heartaches, the crying, the constant what's- around-the-corner, what's the next sort of loss or stress. but it's so peaceful and restful when i look out my window from the 10th floor, the beauty of it all, out towards pinnacle and i've been up close and know its beauty as well. 

it reminds me of my view towards The View i can't see but He can and i can rest in that while i wait for that ultimate View.


No comments: