Tuesday, November 11, 2008

dysfunction

i really don't appreciate the message of this pic han found on line. "the only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you."

well, how rude.....but there's a lot of  truth to it.

reminds me of what i'm learning in alanon.  it's a recovery program for family members of alcoholics but their wisdom applies to all relationships and life in general.

some of their sayings are: the argument begins with my reply. my business stops at the end of my nose.  i teach others how to treat me. 

hard to swallow but i guess that's true of wisdom in general for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"the argument begins with my reply."

I will most definitely be sharing that with my two little ones. We were just talking the other day about how it takes two to argue.